In collaboration with museums and academic institutions, Riyaaz Qawwali ensemble plans state/regional tours showcasing qawwali across several cities. The goals of this initiative are to:
- showcase the qawwali musical heritage
- experience an authentic and traditional performance with English commentary
- explore the poetry often used in the qawwali genre
- understand the cultural context of this and other under-represented folk art forms of South Asia
- shed new perspective on the philosophies and literary themes prevalent in India and Pakistan
Tours currently being planned:
- Montana- July 2018. This includes the Montana Folk Festival.
- Texas- August 2018. This includes a University engagement.
- New York - November 2014. This included concerts at both Columbia University and Princeton University.
- Lost Angeles- June 2015. This included concerts at The Live Oak Festival in Santa Barbara.
- New York, New Jersey, Virginia, Maryland- October 2015. This included the Richmond Folk Festival, Richmond Elementary School, Colgate University, a residency at Lafayette College and other public performances.
- New York- March 2016. This included a University of Rochester engagements and concert at The Garrison Institute.
- California- April 2016. This included concerts at the prominent Getty Museum in LA.
- Louisiana- April 2016. This included concerts at the Festival International de Louisiane.
- New York, New Jersey- August 2016. This included public and benefit concerts.
- Ohio- October 2016. This included concerts at Oberlin University.
- Florida- March 2017. This included a concert at The Axis of Love Festival.
- Texas- November 2017. This included a University engagement.
- New Hampshire- January 2018. This included a University engagement.
- Pennsylvania, Ohio, Texas- March 2018. This included 3 concerts at Penn State, Kenyon College & UH Clear Lake.
- Illinois- April 2018. This include a concert at University of Chicago.
- Texas- May 2018. This included a museum engagement.