Riyaaz Qawwali is hiring!
Business Development Associate [Full-time]
Riyaaz Qawwali Party (Houston-based world music ensemble) is hiring for a full-time position. With our ongoing efforts to increase the band's presence, 2 grant-worthy proposals and the potential for an international tour- it is an exciting time. The associate will assist with business development, grant writing and project management. Major areas of focus:
- Grant-Writing: With established partnerships with non-profits, you will find and apply to appropriate grants for The Riyaaz Experience, a documentary/TV series.
- Outreach: Identify avenues, conduct outreach and evaluate performance opportunities. Specific activities would include, but are not limited to, desktop research, industry experts interview, market analysis and database compilation.
- Market Analysis: Assist in market research for a new studio project that looks to collaborate qawwali with other musicians and non-music artists. Activities may include creating financial projections for products created by ensemble in 2016-17.
- Partnership and Business Development: Identify and curate relationships with strategic music promoters, world music curators, companies, and music bloggers in pursuit of growth opportunities. Specific activities may include developing a PR database, handling external and internal communications and following up with to external contacts for partnerships/performances.
- Must be local to Texas ( and have access to skype for the complete work day for impromptu meetings).
- Must have prior work experience or have a graduate degree.
- Must be proactive in understanding deliverables, and executing to deadlines.
- Must have excellent written & verbal communication, including proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint.
As an Associate, your main responsibilities would involve uncovering potential organizations, sponsors, or musicians interested in collaborating the ensemble on a local and national level. You would primarily focus on discovering performance opportunities as well as discovering opportunities for media coverage. The intern would be research opportunities to build ensemble’s brand name via existing and new industry contacts.
To apply, send your resume to director.riyaaz.qawwali [at] gmail [dot] com. Please use "Business Development Associate" in the subject heading.